This course has been designed for students studying Managerial Accounting at the under-graduate or post-graduate level.
The topics covered are - Variable, Absorption and Activity Based Costing systems.
- You need to have basic Financial Accounting knowledge at the first year level
The topics covered are - Variable, Absorption and Activity based systems.
You will learn the following -
- The fundamental application of variable and fixed costs under variable and absorption costing
- Increasing and decreasing closing stock levels under variable and absorption costing. Effect of changing stock levels to the Income statement and the Balance sheet
- How to apply pre-determined recovery rates under absorption and variable costing systems
- How to reconcile absorption profit to absorption profit over two periods as well as variable to variable and absorption to variable profit
- Activity Based costing methodology and the application of manufacturing costs to cost drivers and to cost pools. Comparison of ABC profit to variable and absorption profit
- How to read and answer examination questions. I will take you through several ABC questions with increased difficulty, teaching you how to integrate other managerial accounting topics into ABC, variable costing and absorption costing