Making an impact and getting the outcomes you want is a skill set that all business professionals need.
And some of your most valuable time you spend is in meetings.
So, getting the most from your meetings is crucial. If you don’t, meetings can easily become a waste of your time, and a showcase for your weaknesses.
This course is designed for business professionals and senior managers, who need to make your meetings work for you.
- The first half prepares you with a solid grounding in the basics of how meetings work. But it will give you new tips and ideas to set you up for success
- And the second half puts the focus on you and how you can project executive presence, create impact, and develop gravitas: the authority and trust that puts you at the top of people’s list of who to consult and trust
Here are the main topics you'll learn about:
- Everything you need to do, to prepare for an effective meeting
- The five types of meeting and how you can combine them
- An 'Agenda for Results'
- The two most important parts of a meeting
- Building rapport with FROGS
- The four stages of a meeting
- How to project presence
- How to create impact with what you say
- How to generate a sense of gravitas and authority
- What is you get a question at your meeting, and you don't know the answer?
- After a long career of advising clients, Mike will share the perfect, high-trust, high-value answer to any question.
In addition, you'll get downloadable workbook.
A Personal Message from the Course Tutor, Mike
This course came about when a client booked me for a conference for senior managers in professional services firms.
These high-powered people attend a lot of meetings and need to make their contributions to those meetings count. This is, after all, were they give the advice they are paid for, or make the sales that bring in new work.
But this time, as well as preparing carefully for the conference, I decided to record the sound, and develop a unique set of visuals to illustrate the ideas in a way that simply isn't possible in the live environment.
So, I hope you will enjoy and benefit from this innovative course, that combines the spontaneity of a live seminar, with the careful preparation of an online course.
The only prior experience you need is attending business meetings in your working life.
Your tutor is Dr. Mike Clayton. As a senior project, program and change manager at international consulting firm, Deloitte, Mike attended many meetings while he led large and complex change projects for his clients.
Now, as a trainer and facilitator, he has been applying what he learned and teaching it to others. This course represents 15 years' experience of what tools students find most helpful, and 25 years experience in business.
And What if you have questions?
I will be on hand to answer your questions if you get stuck, puzzled, or just want to know more. As a professional trainer, this is what I do, and I promise to respond within 24 hours of your question arriving with me from Simpliv.
Enroll for this course now, so you can start to regain control of your life straight away.
Who is the target audience?
- Business professionals
- Senior managers and aspiring senior managers
- Professional services leaders and aspiring professional services leaders
- Experience of business meetings
- Structure effective meetings
- Prepare your meetings so they are set up to succeed
- Make effective use of the two most important parts of your meetings
- Build rapport at the outset of your meetings
- Project presence, so people sit up and take notice of you
- Speak with authority, so people seek out and listen to what you have to say