The course is specifically designed to understand Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability with a complete Practical Hands-On Experience. This course will train the students to setup their own local penetration testing environment to practice in a safe and contained environment. The students will learn what Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability really is, and how different types of XSS works? Then they will follow an Attacking Approach to deeply understand how XSS attacks happen in real life. They will learn to use different vulnerability scanners to find XSS vulnerabilities. They will also learn to prevent and restrict XSS attacks by using methods like - Escaping User Input, Content Security Policy, etc, thus following a Defensive Approach, hence then name of the course: “Cross Site Scripting: Attack & Defense”, and last but not the least, they will learn to use different cheat sheets to evade WAFs and Firewalls, and also to prevent XSS attacks by implementing secure coding practices and proper handling of untrusted data.
The course is designed as a Beginner/Intermediate level
- Basic Knowledge of HTTP Client-Server Architecture (How a client sends a request and a server sends a response back to the client?)
- Basic Knowledge of Linux Commands and tools (Moving a file, Copying a file, Starting Services etc.)
- Optional Knowledge of Server Side Programming Language like PHP
- OWASP top 10 (Not Mandatory)
- Understanding of Virtualization Softwares like VMware/VirtualBox (Not Mandatory)
Complete Practical Hands-On Experience on Every Topic
- Setup Lab Environment and test for XSS Vulnerability
- Cross Site Scripting Fundamentals
- How different types of Cross Site Scripting Works?
- Perform Different Cross Site Scripting Attacks - Phishing, Cookie Stealing & Session Hijacking
- Use Automated Scanners like Wapiti, Uniscan, OWASP ZAP, Burp Suite Pro, to find and exploit XSS and to generate a detailed report
- Difference between Passive and Active Scan
- Apply Security Measures
- Prevent or Restrict XSS using different Defensive Solutions - Esccaping User Input, Content Security Policy, Using Appropriate Sources and SInks, etc.
- Difference between BlackListing and WhiteListing Approach
- Use Filter Evasion Cheat Sheets to bypass WAFs and Firewalls, and Prevention Cheat Sheets to implement secure coding practices,and learn proper handling of untrusted data
- Use different libraries and modules to add an extra security layer in web applications
Really a great, course. Every portion was explained with great detail. Best part of the course I liked was about the preventions, which most courses dont cover. Also great effort given by the instructor Tejaswa Rastogi. Would be eagerly waiting for his future courses and I really liked this one!
124$ 9.99 $ 49.99
182$ 9.99 $ 49.99
64$ 9.99 $ 49.99
32$ 9.99 $ 49.99