Hack your way to a secure and threat-free environment using best-in-class tools and techniques.
This video course provides a good starting point from which to learn ethical hacking and identify threats and vulnerabilities to secure your IT environment.
We'll begin by introducing you to the best tools around; these are essential to get you started with penetration testing. Next, we'll introduce you to a basic hacking technique: reconnaissance. You'll get hands-on experience working with Metasploit and testing the effectiveness of different defenses. Next, you'll learn about sniffing and how effective the Man-in-the-Middle attack can be. We'll take you through a coffee shop scenario to further your understanding. You'll get the hang of bypassing different defenses, then learn how hackers use networks to gain access to different systems.
About the author
Gary Dewey is an IT consultant specializing in security. A graduate of SUNY Broome's computer security and forensics degree program in New York, he has attended numerous B-Sides conferences and spoken at B-Sides in Rochester, New York. Gary participated in the 2015 US Cyber Challenge held at Virginia Tech. He is an active member of the Triple Cities Makerspace, a non-profit organization dedicated to community collaboration and learning. He enjoys hiking and cats.
- A basic C# programming knowledge is assumed. The course assumes some familiarity with networking-related concepts such as TCP/IP, but no IT security-related background is required
- Stage attacks to your own advantage
- Work with the Metasploit toolkit to test the effectiveness of defenses
- Incorporate sniffing with the Man-in-the-Middle attack
- Bypass modern security defenses to understand the ins and outs of security
- Understand how networks are exploited by attackers
115$ 9.99 $ 49.99
176$ 9.99 $ 49.99
55$ 9.99 $ 49.99
28$ 9.99 $ 49.99