Secure your networks against attacks, hacks, and intruders with this fast paced and intensive security course using Kali Linux.
Kali Linux is the latest Linux distribution from Offensive Security, custom-built for the distinct purposes of performing network security audits and forensic investigations. Kali comes fully loaded with hundreds of integrated tools to perform every aspect of a penetration test.
Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: A Penetration Tester’s Guide helps you to develop practical and useful professional skills in the information security industry, while simultaneously delivering the high level of excitement and exhilaration that goes hand-in-hand with the world of computer and network hacking.
Cyber-crime is on the rise and information security is becoming more paramount than ever before. A single attack on a company’s network infrastructure can often result in irreparable damage to a company’s assets and/or reputation.
It is no longer sufficient to merely rely on traditional security measures. In order to ensure the security of critical information assets, it is essential to become familiar with the strategies, tactics, and techniques that are used by actual hackers who seek to compromise your network.
Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved: A Penetration Tester’s Guide will prepare you to enter the world of professional hacking by ensuring that you are well versed with the skills needed and tools used to compromise the security of enterprise networks and information systems.
About the Author
- Justin Hutchens currently works as a security consultant and regularly performs penetration tests and security assessments for a wide range of clients. He previously served in the United States Air Force where he worked as an intrusion detection specialist, network vulnerability analyst and malware forensic investigator for a large enterprise network with over 55,000 networked systems. He currently holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and multiple professional information security certifications, to include CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional), eWPT (eLearnSecurity Web-Application Penetration Tester), GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler), CNDA (Certified Network Defense Architect), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), ECSA (EC-Council Certified Security Analyst) and CHFI (Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator). He was also the writer and producer of the Packt eLearning video course “Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved”.
Basic understanding of Linux and TCP/IP will be helpful in understanding the content, it is not essential
- Prepare a fully-functional and low-budget security lab, where you can practice and develop your penetration testing skills without fear of legal consequence
- Gather information about a target with advanced reconnaissance techniques
- Identify target systems on a network using host discovery tools
- Identify services running on target systems by scanning and enumeration
- Discover vulnerabilities to determine potential attack vectors
- Launch automated exploits and payloads using the Metasploit Framework
- Learn a variety of hands-on techniques to exploit target systems
- Establish backdoors to ensure continued access
- Escalate privileges to acquire maximum control over compromised systems
110$ 9.99 $ 49.99
176$ 9.99 $ 49.99
55$ 9.99 $ 49.99
28$ 9.99 $ 49.99