An introduction to white hat penetration testing
The phrase ‘the best offense is a good defense’ couldn’t be more applicable to the realm of enterprise penetration testing and security. This Learning Path specifically focuses on the broader Kali Linux toolkit, and will provide you with the expertise and exposure you need to fully test and explore your local networks with confidence. Please test responsibly.
About the Author
- Justin Hutchens currently works as a security consultant and regularly performs penetration tests and security assessments for a wide range of clients. He previously served in the United States Air Force where he worked as an intrusion detection specialist, network vulnerability analyst and malware forensic investigator for a large enterprise network with over 55,000 networked systems. He currently holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and multiple professional information security certifications, to include CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional), eWPT (eLearnSecurity Web-Application Penetration Tester), GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler), CNDA (Certified Network Defense Architect), CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), ECSA (EC-Council Certified Security Analyst) and CHFI (Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator). He was also the writer and producer of the Packt eLearning video course “Kali Linux - Backtrack Evolved”.
- Aaron Johns currently works for Intrasect Technologies as an IT Specialist. He provides support for over 160 clients. His work roles include maintaining business networks and security policies to increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Aaron also publishes videos and books for Packt Publishing, one of the most prolific and fast-growing tech book publishers in the world. He has also filmed several independent videos.
- Aaron started broadcasting YouTube videos in 2007. In 2009, he was offered a partnership with YouTube. He has provided security awareness to over 1.2 million viewers and 6,300 subscribers. As of today, Aaron still serves as a Technology Partner for YouTube. He is also in partnership with Symantec Corporation and Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. You'll also find Aaron as a guest or interviewed as a security professional on several YouTube videos and podcasts.
- His qualifications and certifications include a bachelor's degree from International Business College where he majored in network administration as well as several industry certifications such as WCSP-XTM.
- To find out more, you can visit his website at http://www.aaronjohns.com/.
- Jack (linkcabin) is a UK-based independent security researcher, who has a huge passion for information security. He loves reverse engineering, finding vulnerabilities in web applications, and creating video content. He is in the Halls of Fame of Netflix, AT&T, and eBay. Jack also catalogs some of his more technical findings on a blog, and various information security professionals read about them. Much of his day is spent e-mailing companies about vulnerabilities that he comes across in their websites. He finds the offensive side of security an interesting area, and is passionate about researching and communicating with various people about the importance of security. He also aims to change the existing public opinion on hackers.
- Strong proficiency with at least one other programming language
- This course will offer a complete roadmap for the penetration testing process from start to finish
- Experience hands-on video demonstrations regarding how to use an extensive collection of tools within the Kali-Linux environment to perform penetration tests against every aspect of a target network
- Advanced techniques with detailed explanations that are useful to novice users and experienced viewers alike
- Explore advanced techniques to bypass firewalls and IDS, and remain hidden
- Discover advanced exploitation methods on even the most updated systems
- Scan your application for vulnerabilities with dynamic tools such as w3af and OWASP Zap to resolve them on time
112$ 9.99 $ 49.99
176$ 9.99 $ 49.99
55$ 9.99 $ 49.99
28$ 9.99 $ 49.99