Git Workflows In Depth. Centralized workflow, Feature Branch workflow, Forking workflow, GitFlow
Learn how to collaborate inside of development team by using git workflows. Understand how a centralized workflow works, learn about feature branch workflow, forking workflow, etc.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
A Git Workflow is a recommendation for how to use Git to accomplish best from it.
- More consistent, productive work for developers.
- More effective work inside of the team.
- More flexible way to manage code changes.
- There is no silver bullet for how to work with Git.
- No standards.
When team have a coding workflow, it's important to understand the logic of how changes should be applied into codebase.
There a few worldwide used popular Git workflows.
We’ll be discussing them during this course.
Why to Care about Git workflow you can ask me.
It's actually better to start care about before things get painful :)
- Case1: You are trying to a manage the integrity of a code base that has numerous developers jumping in and out. And you get a conflicting release schedule.
- Case2: When you get tired of wondering why features are disappearing before deployment.
- Case3: When you don’t have time to dig through the commit diffs of 500 commits to find out why a push from a specific person causes major unintended changes to your project.
- Case4: When a feature that’s not ready for release sneaks its way into production and whole project can be broken.
- Case5: When you can’t have a conversation, explaining to clients/team leader (again) that you can’t release feature X because feature Y has not yet cleared QA.
I hope you see, there a lot of things can be avoided by applying a clean workflow.
When you choose a git workflow for your project, you should have answer for 5 major questions:
- How much visibility do you need?
- How much flexibility do you need?
- Is collaboration important to your workflow?
- How much control do you need?
- How important is ease of use to you?
I'm sure that during course you'll get a better understanding of what type of workflow should be incorporated.
Who this course is for:
- Developers that wants to extend their knowledge about different ways to collaborate, using git
- You should understand the basics of Git
- How to collaborate inside of development team by using git workflows
- What is a centralized workflow and how it works
- What is a feature branch workflow and how it works
- What is a forking workflow and how it works
- What is a gitflow workflow and how it works
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
52$ 9.99 $ 49.99
11$ 9.99 $ 49.99