Without exception, the reciprocating piston engine is the most influential machine ever invented by mankind. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionised the way we live, work and travel. This course will teach you about this truly amazing machine.
You will learn:
- How An Engine Works
- How Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engines Work
- The Difference Between Petrol/Gasoline and Diesel Engines
- Engine Components (Piston Rings, Rocker Arms, Valves etc.)
- Engine Systems (Water, Oil, Air, Exhaust and Electrical)
- Engine Terminology (BDC, TDC, Firing Order etc.)
- How Engine Ancillaries Work (Turbocharger, Supercharger etc.)
- And a lot lot more!
Note that this course focuses more on the diesel fired engine type rather than the petrol/gasoline type, but gives a general good overview concerning the internal combustion (IC) engine. The video is part of the Mechanical Engineering video series.
The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning combustion engine knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (oil, gas, marine, power etc.), I can guarantee you will have never taken an engineering course like this one (unless you have taken one of my other courses!).
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you each individual engine component and how components work together to complete useful work. I strongly recommend you checkout the free preview videos before signing-up because I know you won't be disappointed.
The course is packed with 2D images, 2D animations and 3D animations.
Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Don't waste more time reading this course description, check-out the free preview videos and the curriculum, then make an informed decision. I hope to see you on the course!
- A desire to learn.
- Some engineering knowledge is beneficial, but lessons are explained in depth to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up.
- Identify all common engine components.
- Know common engine terminology.
- Know how four and two stroke engines work.
- Know how the engine oil, water, fuel air, exhaust and electrical systems work.
- Identify a diesel or petrol engine just by looking at it.
- Learn why diesel engines are more efficient.
- Learn how a turbocharger works (and supercharger).
- And much much more!
I really enjoyed this course.
I thought the course was very good. Some very good Visual aids on the course. There was a good sense of humor in the course. However, towards the end of the course I was a little disappointed with the explanation of the 4-stroke power cycle. It had obviously been taken from another course. I think that meshing courses together is not so good. But saying that this is my only issue. I thought the best part of the course was the explications of the various systems. This was very good. Would have been nice to get some information of the different types of fuel pumps.
2$ 12.99 $ 64.99
10$ 14.99 $ 74.99