"Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of professional engineering which involves numerous concepts, subjects and processes. Metal casting being one of the most eminent".
The main motive of this course is to make you understand the METAL FORMING (Mechanical working of metals) in greater detail without taking much of your time. The prime focus here is the rolling process. However, extrusion, drawing, forging, Sheet metal etc. will also be covered.
For the sake of better understanding. I have made the explanatory diagrams by myself because in many textbooks they look very complex. The language used in the course is very simple and to the point.
- Preliminary idea of Material science as such grain theory (Although everything has been explained in the course)
- Brief knowledge of strength of material or mechanics of solids (Concepts like yield strength)
- High school calculus and trigonometry
- The most important trait - "A kin and curious mind"
- What is metal forming - Re-crystallization, Hot and cold working, Grain theory, Flow stress
- Rolling process - Mechanism, slip, maximum reduction, force and power, rolling mill types, ROLL PASS design
- Industry oriented - "How to make a production report for a rolling mill"
- Extrusion and Drawing - Basic concept, types and important formula, Wire and tube drawing
- Forging - Types, forgeability, forging analysis, operations and defects
- Sheet metal - Punching, blanking and other sheet metal operations
2$ 12.99 $ 64.99
10$ 14.99 $ 74.99