Want to work on RENEWABLE ENERGY deals in WIND and SOLAR power?
Want to be part of the global shift to renewable energy?
Want to break into a sector that is expected to have $10TRILLION poured into it through 2040?
THIS is the course for YOU!
Go beyond filling out pre-prepared templates - build complex financial models from scratch!
Take a quantum leap in your financial modeling skills!
Save hours at work by learning Excel best practices and VBA!
This course takes an application-led approach which will guide you through an ENTIRE buyout valuation model for a newly operational WIND PLANT or SOLAR PLANT in Excel!
You'll take a comprehensive a approach learning the BUSINESS AND RISK FUNDAMENTALS of wind and solar power plants' business, including how to find relevant information in technical engineering reports.
You won't just be taught how to build a financial model - you'll learn HOW TO USE IT.
You'll prepare yourself for to work on solar and wind plant deals ALL AROUND THE WORLD with:
- Advisory teams
- Private equity funds
- Debt funds
- Industrial developers
- Asset managers
You'll cover the theory and financial modeling for:
- Solar and wind plant business and operations
- Plant risk assessment
- Debt sizing
- Debt service sculpting/tailoring/payment structuring
- Lender covenants
- Complex cash waterfalls
- Debt service ratios
- Dynamic charts and dashboard design
- Circular calculations common in plant financing deals
Your financial model will:
- Handle complex financial engineering and analysis applicable to most wind and solar buyout deals
- Calculate returns, a fair buyout price, and industry-specific multiple
- Give you flexibility to assess multiple financing arrangements
- Have clean, efficient VBA code to speed up your analysis and free up your time
- Follow the very best practices actually used by professionals in the industry
PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE:
- Secure grounding in accounting concepts
- Ability to build integrated 3-way model in Excel
- You will learn the about the underlying operational and commercial aspects of running a power plant, and how investors assess and manage their risks
- You'll learn how to build a financial model which values a newly operational wind or solar plant for acquisition