This program provides information and advice on the types of capital available to a business and how to structure debt and equity capital investments to grow the organization.
Various types of debt capital, including firm principals, banks, peer to peer lenders and the Small Business Administration, available to a business are reviewed and discussed. Preparation of a loan package for obtaining a loan is also discussed.
The structure and process of obtaining equity capital as well as the various providers, including private investors, angle investors and venture capital firms, are reviewed and analyzed. The preparation of a Private Placement Memorandum and various securities and crowdfunding rules are explained. The documentation required when obtaining debt and equity financing is also reviewed.
If you would like Continuing Education Credit (e.g. CPE, CE, CPD, etc.) for this course, it is available if you take this course on the Illumeo dot com platform under course title: Raising Capital for Your Business. Illumeo is certified to provide CPE in over two dozen different professional certifications covering finance, accounting, treasury, internal audit, HR, and more. However, in order to receive CPE credit the courses must be taken on an ‘approved-by-the-governing-body’ CPE platform, and for over two dozen corporate professional certifications, that is the Illumeo platform. Go to Illumeo dot com to learn more.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in Accounting related field
- Anyone interested in Management or related fields
- No advanced preparation or prerequisites are needed for this course
- Recognize the capital needs of a business organization
- Recognize the different types of debt capital available to a company
- Explore the various providers of debt capital for a business
- Explore the preparation of a Loan Request package
- Identify the different types of equity capital available to a company