Xero Accounts course is about how to use Xero based on the most popular functions which you as a Xero operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) - to reinforce the learning
You'll learn how to set up a Xero system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, reconcile the credit card, post journals, use the payroll function, write off bad debts, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use Xero for yourself.
- You will need to access to Xero Online. We give you the link to access the FREE online version. This will be sufficient The instructor is online to answer student queries daily and is in the middle of writing a book about this software.
The course materials includes:
- The handout of the assignment task
- Show you how to access the software for free
- Successful completion of the course is the equivalent to being at the level of having a level 2 certificate in computerised accounts.
- The course will take about 6.5 hours to complete.
Who is the target audience?
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who will be using this for their clients
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Xero
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
- You will need access to Xero accounts online in order to complete the assignment (we'll give you the link to get the free trial version of the software)
- By the end of the course you will be able to complete various common functions using Xero
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
- Use credit card to make payments and reconcile the credit card account
- Write off bad debt
- Use the payroll function in Xero
- Import a bank statement
Xero has updated their software so some of the videos aren't relevant anymore and also we can't enter information for 2017 in some places such as hmrc as it's too far back. otherwise quite good.
I have to say that the way the tutor provides knowledge during this course is tragic. I do not mind if the menu is out of the date, as you can try to locate it in the current versions of Xero. The biggest problem is the tutor makes mistakes then correcting them which confuse even more. Perhaps she has knowledge but releasing course with mistakes make us learnt the same paths as well. I do not recommend it at all.
30/05/20 Basic introduction as to how Xero works, Unfortunately the software used in the tutorials appears to very out of date, and the menu's are not the same as current version of Xero which makes it difficult to follow alongside when using the current free software version alongside this course.
9$ 9.99 $ 49.90