Harness the power of scripting in Unity 4 to build great games
Getting Started with Unity 4 Scripting will explain everything that you need to know; from the basics of the Unity game engine, through to how the component system and Input Manager works. Learn how to create a custom GUI and set up basic AI pathfinding systems, and progressively cover more advanced topics such as inter-communication between the different languages that the Unity game engine supports.
With this video course, you will learn about render loops and basic entry point functions that the Unity engine exposes, followed by the component system, Input system, Gizmos, character controllers, and GUI Scripting. This video course culminates by teaching you about the AI system and the script compilation orders that the Unity game engine provides, as well as all the basic components that comprise a good game.
Learn everything you need to know about how scripting in Unity works; everything from exposing variables in scripts, entry point functions, render loops, and colliders, including how to make them work, to an in-depth introduction of the component system and its intricacies. Discover how to add, remove, and create custom components, as well as about the anatomy of the Input, GUI, and Gizmos system, how they work, and how they behave in tandem.
By the end of this course, you'll be knowledgeable enough to create any basic game by harnessing the power of Unity.
About the Author
Basic knowledge of Game Development is assumed.
- Learn how the basic entry points in Unity work, such as render loops, start and awake functions, colliders, and triggers
- Create custom code that interacts with Unity engine components; such as scripts to make the engine's Artificial Intelligence move
- Learn how to harness mouse, keyboard, and controller input with your scripts
- Encapsulate your project in order to be able to port it to other platforms in the future
- Create visual aids to help you to better understand how your scripts behave through the use of Gizmos
- Learn how to make a basic character move in Unity; with this you will have the knowledge to make an FPS or a third-person character controller and also know how to mix it with your custom scripts
- Create basic GUI controls and create your custom GUI either by manually placing it or letting the engine do all the layout placing for you
- Create custom GUI skins that blend well with your game's art
- Discover the intricacies of how different scripts get executed in order to manually specify an order of execution for your custom scripts
- Learn about how Unity's game engine compiles scripts; mix and match programming languages in your game
- Work with Unity's AI pathfinding system; create enemies for your game or friendly bots to help a player
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99