Build two HTML5 games in two hours with these fast-paced beginner-friendly videos
HTML5 Game Development will teach you all that you need to know to get started with creating your first game in HTML5 so you can start building captivating games from scratch.
This course is packed with step-by-step instructions to help you build modular code, optimize your game for deployment, and easily modify and reuse game logic to extend your game.
With this course, you’ll build two incrementally complex 2D games that run on both desktop and mobile browsers. This course will explain game programming best practices, complete with simplified game logic, physics and collision handling, as well as custom graphics and fonts.
Your first exercise is a simple counting game that lays the foundations for creating clean, customizable, and modular code. We’ll then move on to building a “rush” game with moving backgrounds, basic physics, and dynamic scoreboards.
We’ll cover essentials such as handling mobile touch events, controlling scene transitions, custom fonts and graphics, optimizing your game's load time, a loading progress bar, collision detection, keeping score, and creating a deployable game.
HTML5 Game Development will be your guide as you create two complete games that are compatible with multiple desktop and mobile web browsers.
About the Author
Makzan focuses on the fields of web development and game design. He has over 14 years of experience in building digital products. He has worked on real-time multiplayer interaction games, iOS applications, and rich interactive websites.
He has written three books, on building a Flash virtual world, and creating games with HTML5 and the latest web standards and developed a video course as well. He currently teaches courses in Hong Kong and Macao SAR. He writes tutorials and shares his know-how on makzan.net.
- Create interactive games with gravity and collisions
- Modularize game components and create easily maintainable code
- Convert and embed custom fonts into your game and web pages
- Develop sprite and sprite sheet animations
- Preload graphic files and optimize your startup performance
- Control scene transitions such as main menu and game over scenes
- Understand core concepts that can be applied to developing other rich media and interfaces for your websites
- Test and optimize your game's performance
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99