Among other things you will learn;
- How to get progress through setting realistic fitness goals.
- The elements needed to create a good workout.
- How to plan elements of your workout so that it works with & not against you.
- What fitness testing is and how it can enhance your results
- How to use common exercise equipment & tailor it to your goal
I have served as a fitness trainer for over 10 years and have a master’s degree in community health education. I have specialized in leading public and private exercise programs and classes on a variety of health topics.
While I have led out in programs geared to causes such as diabetes, heart health, obesity, that were insightful, I’ve found sharing practical activity and lifestyle solutions that impact your well-being in a way that Is enjoyable and attainable is the better way to improve your well-being but also reduces the risk for life compromising health conditions.
Sure in this course you’ll laugh a bit, and hopeful learn a lot, but in the end our goal is to teach you to understand value of your fitness choices so you won’t settle for the “action only” popular trend or newest exercise rave which only encourage following the leader.
Who this course is for:
- This class is meant to empower anyone fed up with blindly reacting to exercise commands from fitness trainers/ boot camp sergeants by sharing the what, whys & how’s of all things exercise. We also have special place and answers for those who bought equipment but don’t how to use it.
- As always consult with your doctor before beginning a new workout routine, progress naturally as the longer you stay with a routine the easier it becomes.
- Learn several examples & progressions for the various exercises I will demo, so you can free your fitness gadgets from being locked away in storage.
- Explore the anatomy of muscles used during (eccentric & concentric) movement so you get more out of your workout.