A practical guide to storing, structuring, and analyzing data at scale with Hadoop
Low on theory, high on practice, this introduction to Hadoop delivers step-by-step guidance on setting up an instance, and working with each of the components of the Hadoop ecosystem. By the end of this course, you will be capable of implementing an Hadoop instance, storing, processing, and analyzing data with the framework.
If you’re familiar with big data concepts, but new to Hadoop, then this is the course for you. Gain confidence in executing the most useful features of Hadoop by learning from an industry leading expert.
About The Author
Randal Scott King is the Managing Partner of Brilliant Data, a consulting firm specialising in data analytics. In his 16 years of consulting, Scott has amassed an impressive list of clientele from mid-market leaders to Fortune 500 household names. Scott lives just outside Atlanta, GA, with his children.
Familiarity with the concept of big data
Some experience of Linux command line
- Install and configure an Hadoop instance of your own
- Navigate Hue, the GUI for common tasks in Hadoop
- Import data manually, and automatically from a database
- Build scripts with Pig to perform common ETL tasks
- Write and run a simple MapReduce program
- Structure and query data effectively with Hive, Hadoop’s built-in data warehousing component
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
11$ 9.99 $ 49.99
5$ 9.99 $ 49.99