Use loops to process, mutate data and simplify processing logic with functional programming.
More than three years after the release of Java 8, the next version is now just around the corner. You may have heard about Java 9’s module system, but there's even more to this new version.
The course will teach you how to leverage the power of multithreading in Java, before moving on to look at the benefits of modularising larger projects. We start of on our path by building a Twitter application that leverages the Twitter public API. We will start with a trivial single threaded implementation, pulling a single hashtag, and storing tweets in a text file. We will then accelerate the application by leveraging multi-threading, to download and process hashtags concurrently. Functional programming will be used for processing data streams.
By the end of this course, you will be familiar with Java 9 Performance Optimization and Modularization.
About the Author
- Colibri is a technology consultancy company founded in 2015 by James Cross and Ingrid Funie. The company works to help their clients navigate the rapidly changing and complex world of emerging technologies, with deep expertise in areas like Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Cloud Computing. Over the past few years they have worked with some of the world's largest and most prestigious companies, including a tier 1 investment bank, a leading management consultancy group, and one of the world's most popular soft drinks companies, helping each of them to better make sense of their data, and process it in more intelligent ways.The company lives by their moto: Data -> Intelligence -> Action.Andrei Ruse, our Author is currently working with Colibri Ltd and has been working as a software developer in the financial services industry for over 3 years, and has over 6 years of experience with Java as a main programming language - both academically and professionally. Prior to his current role in a FinTech startup in London, he spent three years working for one of the world's largest investment banks, having joined it straight after graduating from Manchester University with a degree in Computer Science.
- Experience of programming in Java required
- Load CSV files and Maven Dependency Management
- Understand the Different Types of Data Structure
- Get familiar with Streams and Parallel streams
- Go from zero to hero in Functional Programming
- Leverage some of the multithreaded capabilities of Java
- Learn to make an application thread safe
- Learn to pull tweets for a specified set of hashtags and store them in a text file.
- Learn about some of the common threading issues developers run into when developing multithreaded applications for the first time.
- Learn the benefits that Project Jigsaw brings to Java 9
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99