Trying to build a highly robust application usually drifts the focus on infrastructure than functionality. Spring MVC and Spring Boot are the light-weight framework that comes to the rescue. This course will get you started with creating, deploying, and running a Spring MVC project using the Spring Tool Suite and will move on to building a Spring Boot application. At the end of the course, you will even get a glimpse of Spring security.
About the Author
Greg L. Turnquist
Greg L. Turnquist has been a software professional since 1997. In 2002, he joined the senior software team that worked on Harris' $3.5 billion FAA telco program, architecting mission-critical enterprise apps while managing a software team. He provided after-hours support to a nation-wide system and is no stranger to midnight failures and software triages. In 2010, he joined the SpringSource division of VMware, which was spun off into Pivotal in 2013.
Greg wrote technical best sellers Python Testing Cookbook and Learning Spring Boot, First Edition, for Packt Publishing. When he isn't slinging code, Greg enters the world of magic and cross swords, having written the speculative fiction action and adventure novel, Darklight.
He completed his Master's degree in computer engineering at Auburn University and lives in the United States with his family.
- Core understanding of Java
- Create, deploy, and run a Spring MVC project using the Spring Tool Suite
- Write new Spring MVC controllers and views
- Develop an end-to-end interactive web application with forms, web pages, and CRUD functionality
- Implement error handling and custom error pages in addition to adding locale support and themes
- Create a login page and validation for user registration
- Implement shopping cart and ordering functionality
- Design a RESTful API and develop exception handling for REST web services.
In Learning Spring Boot you'll find out how to:
- Build a Java application from scratch with Spring Initializr
- Use Spring Data as a backend for your application
- Build complex UIs in the context of an example application
- Develop our project in a manner that lets us apply TDD principles
- Incorporate client-server networking features and functionality
- Secure our application against malicious or abusive behavior
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99