Great teams have great coaches. Great athletes have great coaches. And, we all become great in our field with the help of a dedicated and compassionate coach. This course will help you to become a successful coach who can help others achieve their own version of greatness.
This course is focused on coaching current leaders or managers within an organization to improve performance, develop new habits, and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement. Every great athlete has a coach. Every great musician has a coach. And, within great organization, like Toyota, every manager has a coach. The cost of external coaching is too great. This course is designed to prepare managers to coach both their own team members and to coach peer managers.
This course will provide a seven step model for coaching that focuses on a challenge to achieve organization goals. The coach helps the client then establish short term targets for improvement and then breaks key skills down into pinpointed behaviors to be practiced and become the habits or skills of high performance.
This model is one that enables organizations to maximize coaching opportunities within the organization and develop internal coaching skills.
The instructor has more than forty years experience training both external consultants and internal coaches in companies like Shell Oil Company, Corning, Merck, and dozens of others.
- "I really like the short and to the point lectures; the diagrams are great for the visual learners (me!) as well the sheet for identifying your clients, goals will be useful. This was round one as I find reviewing these programs more then once helps in establishing a game plan for my work place." Sherry Jackson
- "I have had the pleasure of working with and learning from Larry Miller. This course was very informative and given me some great ideas and tools to strengthen my coaching abilities." Elizabeth Macdonald
- "The instructor is engaging and seems to really know what he's talking about." Paul Klipp
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wishes to coach other managers or leaders, either as an internal or external coach.
- Anyone who wishes to improve the skills at coaching their own team members.
- It is not required, but it will be helpful if the student has knowledge of lean management, team leadership, or problem solving
- The student will develop the essentials skills of coaching managers, leaders and teams for continuous improvement
- To coach leaders and managers to improve key performance measures
- To coach leaders and managers to develop the critical skills of team leadership
- To coach leaders and managers to develop the habit patterns that lead to a high performing organization