The instructor has been engaged in implementing lean culture and leadership for more than forty years, working with companies like Honda, Toyota, Shell Oil Company, Corning, Merck and dozens of others. This course is based on his practical field-tested knowledge of lean culture and leadership. The course introduces the history of lean, the essential principles and practices, and the important functions of the lean leader. It also presents the two critical paths to lean implementation: first, the redesign of processes, systems and structure to create the foundation that enables teams to engage in continuous improvement; second, it presents the essential habits of teams and team leaders engaged in problem-solving and continuous improvement.
Some comments from previous students:
- "Love how this guy communicates. Love the course so far!" Ren Cooper
- "Great Professor, Great Course!" Fabiano Bonomini
- "Very good course for any manager. This was my first course and I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised but how much knowledge I did gain. I am a first time manager at my company. We had a zoo in here. People coming in late all the time, music blasting, very disorganized. By implementing items slowly it did turn things around and I know I have the respect of all the employees here. Larry is fun and has a lot of experience." Kevin Mohammed
- "I really like the short and to the point lectures; the diagrams are great for the visual learners (me!) as well the sheet for identifying your clients, goals will be useful. This was round one as I find reviewing these programs more then once helps in establishing a game plan for my work place." Sherry Jackson
- "I have had the pleasure of working with and learning from Larry Miller. This course was very informative and has given me some great ideas and tools to strengthen my coaching abilities." Jane McDonald
- "The topics this course covers are very pertinent to the workplace today. The content is precise, addresses a variety of scenarios well; and the teacher has command over the subject matter. This is the kind of course that managers (and team members) should even revisit from time to time." Sarwar Kamal
Who is the target audience?
- Any manager, team leader, or anyone aspiring to improve the performance of his or her organization.
- There is no knowledge required to take this course other than a very fundamental understanding of the manager's job
- The student completing this course will understand lean culture and lean leadership (Toyota Production System) and will be able to institute lean culture in his or her workplace
- The student completing this course will be able to eliminate waste and engage his or her team members in an on-going process of continuous improvement (kaizen)
- At the heart of lean culture is the natural work and management team who engage in continuous improvement. The student completing this course will know the essential problem-solving methods employed in continuous improvement and will be able to lead his or her team in continuous improvement
Excellent course and very engaging through out the modules.