Introduction to Eating Disorders
Are you suffering from an eating disorder? This course will help you understand what is an eating disorder is and help you overcome it. You will also a deep understanding of the eating disorder and identify its symptoms.
- Self-paced with Life Time Access
- Certificate on Completion
- Access on Android and iOS App
Have a deep understanding of eating disorders
This is a comprehensive introduction to eating disorders, that focuses in Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating and Bulimia Nervosa. The course is suitable for professionals who may come into contact with client's who have been diagnosed with an eating disorder. The course is also suitable for families, friends and carers of a person with an eating disorder.
We look at a whole range of topics including what is an eating disorder?, signs and symptoms, epidemiology, risk assessment, pros and cons of diagnosis, treatments and interventions, evidence
based approaches, myths and stereotypes.
Who this course is for:
- People who perhaps work with clients who have eating disorder. People with a family member or friend with an eating disorder and would like to understand the condition better and how to support the person more effectively
- There are no prerequisites for this course. All you need to have is an interest and or a need to learn more about eating disorders
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to describe: What are eating disorders, the different types of eating disorder, how are eating disorders diagnosed, the pros and cons of diagnosis, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder, treatments and interventions, myths and stereotypes, signs and symptoms, environmental signs, helping organisations