Design interactions between a user and an application UI by mastering core aspects of the Android ecosystem.
It is important for Android developers to understand activity behavior when the user leaves and re-enters an application to avoid crashing, losing the user's progress, and consuming valuable system resources.
With this course, you will enhance your application development skills and develop efficient, seamless, and fault-tolerant applications without crashing or losing data while performing any other task.
In this course, you will begin by building the core of your applications with the activity class. You will create and modify activities to build effective Android applications. You will also learn how an activity interacts with the rest of the Android operating system.
By the end of the course, you will have developed a strong foundation and confidence to implement core Android activities in order to launch, deploy, and communicate between activities while building Android applications.
Please note that basic working knowledge of Android programming and Kotlin are required for taking this course.
The code bundle for this course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Hands-On-Android-Application-Components-Activities
About the Author
- Mona Vafa is an energetic mobile developer with 4+ years of robust code experience in Java, Android, and iOS. She enjoys every minute spent developing applications on her computer. There is always something new to learn so what she loves the most is being challenged and sharing her experience. Currently, Mona is working as a freelance software developer and is a proud online trainer. Apart from this, she loves to travel, explore new places, and read books.
- Basic working knowledge of Android programming and Kotlin are required for taking this course
- Set up an Android project in Android Studio
- Create activities for your Android applications in Android Studio using its built-in editing tools
- Create a UI for your application using built-in layouts and the ‘controls’ option in Android Studio
- Handle the activity lifecycle of your application
- Get exposed to various input and system events and make your applications dynamic
- Perform various launch and destroy activities with Intents
- Explore various ways to communicate events, messages, and data between activities
- Test and deploy your application
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99