Master Every Logic Instrument - and Create Limitless Awesome Sounds.
In this course you will understand and master all of Logic Pro X’s virtual instrument plugins, synthesizers and VSTs. Starting from beginner level, you’ll learn the deep principles of synthesis and enhance your music by learning how to emulate the instrument, synth and drum sounds of your favorite artists, producers and sound effects designers - as well as a wealth of other music production skills.
Each of the many free instruments included in Logic is like it’s own piece of software. Some of these are small like the ESE, ESM and ESP - but others, like Alchemy Synthesiser & Sampler or Sculpture Modelling Synth provide so many parameters they can be overwhelming could have their own entire courses. Many people don’t even scratch the surface of what these instruments do and buy new ones without realising how powerful they are for composition and Sound Effects Design SFX for games and film
The Entire Logic Instruments Manual - In One Step-by-Step Video Course.
Many courses on Logic Pro go through the production, editing and mixing side of the program, but do not explain the instruments in depth. Understanding the concepts behind how these instruments work, let alone learning the interface can take months and it’s easy for even conscientious people to give up.
I’ve read the manual for you - literally. I’ve read every page of that that thing and condensed and rephrased that complex bible into a practical course that guides you through each instrument - backed with the concepts you need to understand each one and make it yours.
You could take this course and go through the whole thing, or use this as your production instrument encyclopedia - referring to it at will whenever you forget what a dial or knob does.
Which Logic Instruments Does the Course Cover?
Starting with a complete introduction to Synthesis mini-course, this course builds through the most simple instruments sequentially, right up to the most complex - covering everything you need to know about the following Logic Pro X instruments:
- Retro Synth
- ESX24 Sampler
- EVOC PS Vocoder
- Complete Alchemy Synthesiser Course
- Vintage Clav
- Vintage Electric Piano
- Vintage B3 Hammond Organ
- Logic Pro Drummer
- Drum Kit Designer
- Drum Machine Designer
- Ultrabeat Complete Course
In addition, I cover core concepts behind using these virtual instruments that allow you to use them exceedingly well. Concepts and guides to the controls of things like:
- Envelopes, Filters and Modulation
- Filters, Sends and EffectsPreparing your own samples and building your own sampled instrument
- Sequencers, Arpeggiators and Vector EnvelopesXY Pads, Midi Controllers (CCs and Via modulations
- Morphing, Macros and Global ControlsModelled instruments,
- Principles behind and getting the best out of the Logic DrummerPrinciples of Library Management and organising your library as a composer/producer
- Frequency Modulation (FM) Synthesis, Sync Synthesis and Virtual Analog DigitalGranular Synthesis, Spectral Synthesis and Formant
An entire course on Alchemy - The Ultimate Synthesizer and Sampler Instrument.
Alchemy (originally by Camel Audio) is one of the most complex and powerful synthesisers inside of Logic. It’s parameters could warrant an entire course in itself.
The course takes you through the entire interface and every dial and knob (barring the extended spectral synthesis parameters) - allowing you to turn Alchemy into an extremely powerful workhorse.
Sound Design and Effects Creation for Games & Film
The Logic Instruments course is also particularly useful for game composers and sound designers. Mastering all the interesting and detailed parameters in these sound effect creation VSTs can give you an endless sound palette to build wonderful and weird effects for your game design projects.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who's felt overwhelmed, confused or frustrated with navigating and understanding Logic Instruments
- Those who want to get MORE out of their sounds and want to understand how to get exactly the sounds they are after in their drums & instruments
- Students should own Logic Pro X & have a working Mac computer
- Students should know how to navigate Logic Pro X and have a basic understanding of using the software already
- Understand and use every single button, dial and fader in every single Logic Pro X instrument
- Understand the core concepts of synthesis
- Edit and understand any patch that you open up in a Logic Pro X VST
- How to create your own sampled instruments. Build your own drum kit from scratch
- Build your own extensive patches within logic with ease and know immediately how to emulate the sounds you hear in commercial music
- Master modulation, the key to dynamic and musical sounds that sit well in your mix
- Create endless variations and super interesting drum grooves
- Resample Sounds Copyright Free (make sure you get legal advice first!)
- Understand advanced synthesis methods like: granular synthesis, additive synthesis, granular synthesis, spectral synthesis and formant