Implement fundamental, hands-on networking concepts in Java 9 with the IP/UDP and TCP protocols and implement application protocols with Java NIO programming.
Java provides numerous classes that have developed over the years to meet evolving networking needs. These range from low-level socket and IP-based approaches to those encapsulated in software services.
This practical tutorial provides a complete introduction to developing network programs with Java. We start with the basics of networking and then explore how Java supports the development of clients/servers. You’ll explore how to use Java’s network class library to rapidly and effortlessly accomplish common networking tasks such as writing multithreaded servers, network scalability, implementing application protocols, and filtering clients and client names. Java NIO packages are examined as well as multitasking, building hands-on NIO buffers, scatter and gather, and transferring data to channels and selectors.
By the end of this video tutorial, you will have mastered networking fundamentals (and advanced concepts) in Java to ensure you understand (and are capable of building) networked programs.
About the Author
- Peter Verhas is a senior developer and software system architect with more than 30 years' software development experience. He currently works for EPAM as a senior developer, where he is involved in many customer projects and actively participates in the educational activities of the company. Peter writes a technical blog, and is committed to open-source software development. He has used Java since 2005 and is also an author at Java Code Geeks.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterverhas/
- Website: https://javax0.wordpress.com/
- Blogs: https://www.topjavablogs.com/blog/java-deep
- Book: Java 9 Programming by Example https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/java-9-programming-example
- A basic knowledge of Network Programming is beneficial but not necessary
- Learn applications of networking programming in Java
- Explore protocols that underlie the Internet, such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- Connect to other applications using sockets
- Use channels and buffers to enhance communication between applications
- Access network services and develop client/server applications
- Explore the critical elements of peer-to-peer applications and
- Learn how to develop Client/Server TCP and UDP applications
- Master the Java NIO package to perform multitasking
186$ 9.99 $ 49.90
2$ 9.99 $ 49.90
2$ 9.99 $ 49.90