An Introduction to the Norwegian Language
Elementary Norwegian Course Level A1 follows The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR).
Some knowledge of Norwegian is needed (Norwegian Language Course A1 Part 2 or similar).
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type
- Can introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help
For a complete presentation of the course content please watch the "What the students will learn in this course".
Who this course is for:
- Beginner learners of the Norwegian Language with some basic knowledge of the language
- Some very basic knowledge of Norwegian is needed (Norwegian Language Course A1 Part 2 or similar)
- An Introduction to the Norwegian Language. Elementary Norwegian Course Level A1 follows The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR)
- To describe your home and where you live
- Housing, rent and expenses in relation to your home
- Types of common homes in Norway
- Health and body
- How to keep in shape
- To describe where you have pain
- Words and sentences you can use at the doctors office or in a hospital
- Words for common illnesses and drugs needed for treatment
- Work and work experience
- To speak about your education and qualifications
- Words for some common occupations and work in general
- To tell about your free time and something you have done or experienced in a free time activity
- To invite someone to join you for something during your free time or Holiday!
- To make an agreement in Norwegian.
- Cultural activities
- Norwegian Language Tests and Formal Assessment of Your Language Skills in Norwegian! Some tests can be taken abroad (e.g. at a Norwegian Embassy or Consulate), all tests can be taken in Norway