Leverage ensemble techniques to maximize your machine learning models in Python.
Machine learning ensembles are models composed of a few other models that are trained separately and then combined in some way to make an overall prediction. These powerful techniques are often used in applied machine learning to achieve the best overall performance.
In this unique course, after installing the necessary tools you will jump straight into the bagging method so as to get the best results from algorithms that are highly sensitive to specific data—for example, algorithms based on decision trees. Next, you will discover another powerful and popular class of ensemble methods called boosting. Here you'll achieve maximal algorithm performance by training a sequence of models, where each given model improves the results of the previous one. You will then explore a much simpler technique called voting, where results from multiple models are achieved using simple statistics such as the mean average. You will also work hands-on with algorithms such as stacking and XGBoost to improve performance.
By the end of this course, you will know how to use a variety of ensemble algorithms in the real world to boost your machine learning models.
Please note that a working knowledge of Python 3; the ability to run simple commands in Shell (Terminal); and also some basic machine learning experience are core prerequisites for taking and getting the best out of this course.
About the Author
- Jakub Konczyk has enjoyed and programmed professionally since 1995. He is a Python and Django expert and has been involved in building complex systems since 2006. He loves to simplify and teach programming subjects and share this with others. He first discovered Machine Learning when he was trying to predict the real estate prices in one of the early stage start-ups, he was involved in. He failed miserably then. He then discovered a much more practical way to learn Machine Learning, which he would like to share with you in this course. It boils down to the “Keep it simple” mantra. He is the author of multiple bestselling video courses on Machine Learning and Deep Learning, including Real-World Deep Learning Python Projects and AI in Finance.
- Working knowledge of Python 3 is assumed. Basic machine learning experience is needed along with and the ability to run simple commans in shell (terminal)
- Discover and use the main concepts behind ensemble techniques and learn why they are important in applied machine learning
- Learn how to use bagging to combine predictions from multiple algorithms and predict more accurately than from any individual algorithm
- Use boosting to create a strong classifier from a series of weak classifiers and improve the final performance
- Explore how even a very simple ensemble technique such as voting can help you maximize performance
- Also learn a powerful and less well-known stacking technique, where you combine different models with another machine learning algorithm to focus on distinctive features of your dataset for each individual model
- Evaluate which ensemble technique is good for a particular problem
- Train, test, and evaluate your own XGBoost models
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99