There are six foundational doctrines to the Christian faith. Because they are foundational, every believer should have a clear understanding of each one of these doctrines, and live by them. Those who have a clear understanding of these doctrines and who also live by them, will have a sure foundation and they will not be deceived by any false teachings, that they may come across in their Christian walk. This course examines the third of the six doctrines, which is the doctrine of baptisms. The scripture plainly calls this doctrine the doctrine of “baptisms” – plural. There are three distinct baptisms taught in the New Testament. Just as each baptism is a separate event, so each baptism also fulfills a different role in our walk as believers. This course looks at each baptism in detail, explaining not only what each baptism is about, but also the benefits of each one. Which is why our Lord Jesus put them in place in His church.
This course is meant for all audiences. No previous theological study is required or expected, for it is meant to give a basic understanding of what the bible says about the subject of the doctrine of baptisms.
Michael Maher will lecture from the bible, to walk the student through the subject of the doctrine of baptisms, so that the saint can apply godly principles to their Christian walk in this area. Quizzes have been developed to help test comprehension of the video lectures.
This course focuses on explaining the biblical view of the doctrine of baptisms. As a supplementary resource, this course can be taken in tandem with the reading of Michael Maher’s book, Doctrine of Baptisms.
I trust that the material and the dialogue with other students will be encouraging and enlightening for all.
- As a supplementary resource, students can obtain the book, Doctrine of Baptisms, by M.E.B. Maher (Amazon, 2017) ISBN: 978-1520352008. The book is available in print and digital formats
- This is an entry level course for anyone wishing to understand what the bible teaches about the subject of the doctrine of baptisms
- This course is not for those who wish to enter into religious debates
- Have a clear understanding of being baptized into Christ
- Have a clear understanding of water baptism
- Have a clear understanding of the baptism of the Holy Spirit
1$ 9.99 $ 49.99
0$ 49.99 $ 249.99