This course teaches the basics of using GraphQL in a Rails application. GraphQL is a query language invented by Facebook in 2012, and made open source in 2015. While it has certain clear advantages over REST, it also has a somewhat steeper learning curve.
Structured in a simple and accessible manner, these lectures will help you get on your way to using GraphQL to circulate data between back-end and front-end applications.
In the first section we will learn about reading data; in the second, about changing data; and the slightly more advanced third section is about protecting data.
Who is the target audience?
- Back-end developers in Ruby on Rails who are looking for a better way to talk to front-ends
- You should have already created at least one Ruby on Rails application
- You should have some familiarity with what API applications are
- How to add GraphQL to a Rail app so that it can talk to any Front-End
- Enable GraphQL in a Rail app
- Use GraphiQL, a query simulator
- Ask for data using GraphQL Queries
- Change data using mutations
- Protect data using authorisation
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
50$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99