A fascinating journey from the very basics of Zurb Foundation to a complete responsive website
Zurb Foundation is one of the most diffused best performing front-end design frameworks out there.
Dealing with browser compatibility, media queries, style consistency, and effective layouts could be a huge pain today, but Foundation comes to the rescue. With minimal effort, it allows you to create a production ready, responsive website or is a great starting point for a highly customized project.
Building a Responsive Site with Zurb Foundation will show you every major aspect of the framework, as well as general best practices and workflow tips, guiding you through the process of creating a live mock-up for a photography website. Every video will introduce some of Foundation's features and will use them to enhance the website in order to provide a practical experience with all the topics.
The course begins with an empty folder, where we'll install the Zurb Foundation framework and will start adding new pages and enhancements to cover all the key aspects of the framework itself.
We begin our journey by explaining why there is a need for a framework, how to set up a modern working environment, and how to scaffold a new project with Zurb Foundation. We'll then immediately introduce some responsive design key concept as well as the advantages of a mobile-first approach and how Foundation helps us with these scenarios.
As we advance through the course, we'll introduce all the major aspects of the framework, translating them in working code for our website. We are going to deal with navigation techniques as well as typography, content elements, and forms. As we come to an end, we'll emphasize how to deal with media elements in a responsive environment, trying out different approaches to effectively show image galleries both on desktop and mobile.
At the end of the course, you will have the skills to create responsive websites starting from scratch by making use of all the Foundation elements
About the Author
Andrea Moretti is a freelance developer. He has worked on various websites using Zurb Foundation Framework as well as big web application projects where Foundation is used side to side with other technologies. He is an active open source contributor and is actually maintaining Foundation templates for static site generator such as Middleman and Docpad.
He is also a photographer and photo assistant, having worked on assignments for the major Italian magazines as well as luxury hotels, art galleries, Italian textile firms, big corporations, and food-related events.
- To effectively follow this course, you should have a very basic knowledge of HTML and CSS syntax. Knowing how to use a terminal would also be helpful to fully understand the coding workflow
- Scaffold a new website using Zurb Foundation
- Play with a responsive design using Foundation's grid system and media queries
- Create effective site navigation optimized for both desktop and mobile platforms using side-nav and magellan
- Master different content elements using powerful Foundation classes and great typography balance
- Show effective media elements such as flex-video, interchange, and lightboxes without penalizing mobile users
- Design beautiful forms to deal with user input
- Customize the Framework style to transform mock-ups into production-ready websites
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99