Create a complete and structured single page application by doing more with less code.
Starting with an overview of the core concepts behind KnockoutJS to create a real-world application, you'll begin your journey by first learning to build a simplified version of Google Docs. You'll discover the power of data binding and dependency tracking to automatically keep various parts of your application in sync. Next, you’ll learn how you can use debugging techniques to track errors before moving on to creating a spreadsheet to represent more complex data structures. Lastly, you’ll learn how to create a form and then save and load a page using server side functionality.
The final section of the course lets you explore best practices and some additional tools you can use to ensure a maintainable code base.
About the Authors
Chris Black is a software engineer, adjunct faculty member, and public speaker from Minneapolis, Minnesota. He has taught courses on advanced scripting, dynamic web apps, motion graphics, and interactive design. Chris currently works full time as a software developer at The Nerdery. Prior to working at The Nerdery, he was the owner of Blacktop Interactive, LLC, and developed twelve mobile apps across six different markets. He has more than 8 years' experience building software for the web and mobile devices. Chris has spoken at a number of conferences locally and internationally in Toronto, Amsterdam, and the UK. In 2011, he was the keynote speaker at the Geeky By Nature conference in New York. When Chris is away from his computer, he enjoys rock climbing, kayaking, and snowboarding.
- A clear and practical approach to building a web application with sample code provided to help you every step of the way so you can see not just the final product, but also the evolution of the code base
- Use declarative data-binding to specify what your code should do in the HTML markup
- Use knockout templates to organize and reuse markup
- Dynamically choose a template based on the type of object
- Utilize computed properties to automatically track dependencies
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99