Create interactive, friendly and powerful UIs with PrimeFaces
The tutorial starts off with configuring the required components: PrimeFaces, NetBeans, MongoDB, MongoVUE, JSF, and Spring. You then go on to develop a very basic JSF and PrimeFaces UI for your website using Spring and Mongo running on a Tomcat server. Next you will upgrade the website using more features like the creation of the data administration pages and securing the administration pages. Finally you will use CSS and JSF templates to finish off a functional database-driven website with a beautiful and neat interface.
This set of videos will show you how to take full advantage of PrimeFaces by coupling it with JSF, Spring, and MongoDB to create a user interface that meets your demands of flexibility and extensibility.
About the Author
Kobus has been programming since the age of 11. He has worked with Visual Basic, Delphi, and Waba, and wrote probably one of the first databases for the Palm OS and Windows CE machines. He then moved on to Java development using J2EE. From South African Breweries to Discovery Life, he has worked with a variety of organizations. Currently he is working at Flight Centre Australia where his main task is to develop and maintain a system that is written in Java, Spring, and PrimeFaces. In his spare time, he has been involved in projects like building a bomb prop for his business and a battlebox. It is while working on such projects that he stumbled upon the DLP 3D printer technology. He then designed his own DLP-based 3D printer that is currently in the prototype stage.
Basic knowledge of web development required
- Configure PrimeFaces and Spring and then create a JSF web application in NetBeans
- Transfer data from a local to a remote Mongo database using MongoVue
- Develop your webpage using PrimeFaces, create a Spring managed bean, and link both together
- Create a Spring service as well as a MongoDB data access object and connect them to your frontend
- Build a Data List page and develop CRUD data display web pages using a reusable JSF component
- Enhance the security of your UI by configuring the Tomcat settings and the web.xml
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99