Learn Spring MVC Framework with a Hands-on Step by Step Approach building a Todo Management Application!
Spring MVC is a striking framework that helps you write robust and highly-scalable server-side web applications. Its lightweight nature, adherence to the MVC paradigm, and extensibility helps you develop enterprise-grade applications in no time.
Based on an example of an online e-commerce chocolate store, this video course helps you learn the concepts of MVC and utilize the rich support of the Spring MVC framework to build dynamic web applications. You start by installing the Spring Tool Suite IDE and creating your first Spring MVC application. Next, you will learn how to integrate the model and business services to add functionality to the application. You then move on to learn about the process of creating a product catalogue and how to develop the user registration page functionality. You will then proceed to create an e-commerce shopping cart that helps users place orders and then implement constraints for the process. Finally, you will learn how to use Freemarker (a template engine for the Java platform) and Apache Tiles (a template composition framework) and design a RESTful API to implement the ordering functionality as a REST web service.
About the Authors
- The course assumes some familiarity with basic web application development and core Spring framework concepts, but assumes no prior knowledge of Spring MVC
- This video course introduces you to web application development with the Spring MVC framework, starting with the basics of Spring MVC and progressively leading to more advanced concepts. Before you dive deep into the code, the step-by-step tutorial follows a certain hierarchy in its planning phase such as incorporating a product catalogue and then developing the user registration page functionality prior to creating a shopping cart that helps you place orders. The build-up of concepts is gradual and the complexity increases gradually throughout the video, helping you get to grips with the technology quickly and effectively
- Create, deploy, and run a Spring MVC project using the Spring Tool Suite
- Write new Spring MVC controllers and views
- Develop an end-to-end interactive web application with forms, web pages, and CRUD functionality
- Implement error handling and custom error pages in addition to adding locale support and themes
- Create a login page and validation for user registration
- Implement shopping cart and ordering functionality
- Design a RESTful API and develop exception handling for REST web services
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99