Tips and tricks to master the jQuery UI library and set up your own custom widgets and cool components
jQuery UI training is made easy in this video, with step-by-step examples, useful tips, and quick tricks. This course breaks down complex tasks into bite-sized chunks, making it the best resource for you to use if you want to start using jQuery UI. Learn how to save hundreds of hours in development using jQuery UI's awesome components.
Even in the HTML 5 world of today, there are many oft used components and functionalities that still aren't part of a browser out of the box; this library is the critical solution, which will save you hundreds of hours while building highly sophisticated components for your applications. We'll cover the basics, and then build our first component – the datePicker - and we'll customize its characteristics. We'll discuss the ThemeRoller application for quickly skinning components, and the dialog component in all its detail. You'll also learn how to discover component features on your own, how to listen in on variables and changes, as well as how to trigger and listen to events. We'll then kick it up a notch with jQuery UI's drag-and-drop capabilities and build a working example that uses all of these features. We'll use components effectively, examine event properties in detail, and even clean up our code to make it more presentable. We'll wrap up by demonstrating as many of jQuery UI's essential and popular components as we can, followed by a brief course recap and summary.
About the Author
Ben Fhala discovered his passion for data visualization six years ago while he was working at Parsons in New York, in their data visualization department, PIIM. He is the owner of the online video training school, and an Adobe ACP. He enjoys spending most of his time learning and teaching and has a love for visual programming and visualization in general. Ben has had the honor of developing applications for members of the US Congress, Prime Ministers, and Presidents around the world.
He has built many interactive experiences for companies such as Target, AT&T, Crayola, Marriott, Neutrogena, and Nokia. He has technically directed many award-winning projects and has been part of teams that have won three Agency of the Year awards. Among Ben's publications are Packt’s HTML5 Graphing and Data Visualization Cookbook.
- jQuery UI training is made easy, with step-by-step examples, useful tips, and quick tricks. This course breaks down complex tasks into bite-sized chunks, making it your quickest resource to jump-start your journey with jQuery UI. Learn how to save hundreds of hours in development using jQuery UI's awesome components
- Set up a custom jQuery UI library
- Minify your library and make it more efficient
- Get to grips with components and how to skin them quickly
- Use the ThemeRoller to create custom themes in a jiffy
- Understand how events work in jQuery UI
- Hands-on demonstrations with detailed explanations and code
- Drag-and-drop elements using the jQuery UI features
- Work with over 9 key components
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99