Upgrade your selection skills using CSS3 selectors to build modern websites
CSS is a deceptively simple presentation language that has significantly developed over the last few years. Front-end developers need to keep style sheets manageable and organized by taking a modular approach to building a website.
Packt’s Video Learning Paths are a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
In this Video Learning Path, we start off with a brief review of the foundations of CSS by using a good text editor to automate your authoring and set up a CSS baseline.
We then move on to explore the power of CSS3 selectors and how they can be intelligently leveraged to create powerful interactive sites.
As we proceed, we'll master the usage of a wide array of selector techniques and tricks, manipulating inner content, understanding structural selectors, and more.
By the end of this Video Learning Path, you’ll have complete control over every element of your web page to make it behave exactly the way you want it to.
This Learning Path is authored by some of the best in the field.
Rich Finelli is a husband and a father living in Piscataway, NJ, working as a frontend developer. He’s truly passionate and excited for all frontend technologies and enjoys learning about web design and development.
Ben Fhala discovered his passion for data visualization seven years ago while he was working at Parsons in New York, in their data visualization department, PIIM. He is the owner of the online video training school, 02geek.com, and an Adobe ACP. He enjoys spending most of his time learning and teaching and has a love for visual programming and visualization in general. He has technically directed many award-winning projects and has been part of teams that have won three Agency of the Year awards.
- A basic understanding of the HTML syntax is required to take this Video Learning Path
- Master the fundamental CSS concepts, such as the box model, the anatomy of a rule set, and the types of style sheets
- Rename elements with classes, use descendant selectors, and understand specificity rules
- Become proficient with CSS3 properties such as transitions, transforms, gradients, pseudo classes, and animations
- Delve into modular, reusable, and scalable CSS code for more organized and smaller style sheets
- Understand media queries and the other fundamentals of responsive web design
- Reduce the excess overhead on your web pages using combinator selectors
- Enhance the usability of your web pages by adding dynamic content on the fly with the help of structural selectors
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99