Easily design responsive websites that can adapt to any device regardless of screen size using HTML 5 and CSS3.
There’s never been a greater range of screen sizes of tablets, smartphones, and even televisions and associated web view user experiences to consider. Web pages being built to be responsive provide the best possible version of their content to match the viewing devices of not just today’s devices but tomorrow’s too. This course walks you through crafting responsive websites that provide an optimal viewing experience on any device using HTML5 and CSS3.
By following this structured video course, you will learn how to convert fix-width layouts to responsive layouts, contain a fluid layout with maximum or minimum properties, write syntax for a media query, select breakpoints, write HTML to embed all the saved elements into a page, and add CSS to your site ensuring that you have the skills to create your very own responsive website quickly and efficiently.
Responsive Web Design - From Concept to Complete Site starts with an overview of the technology, the best practices to follow, and then moves on to a complete implementation of a responsive site using HTML5 and CSS3 media queries. After learning the essentials of responsive web design in the introductory section, you will walk through splitting a mockup into images and content areas, defining a fluid grid using those divisions, creating a percentage-based layout for the fluid grid with CSS, and then begin creating a full-functional responsive page. The latter section contains hands-on exercises that will walk you through all the HTML5 and CSS3 code required to build your sample page.
This course ends with an overview on the future of web design, the features you can use today, and tips on how to remain current in the field.
About the Author
- Joshua Miller is a freelance web designer, college professor, and interactive artist living in eastern Pennsylvania. He has taught courses in animation, web/graphic design, video game design, and programming at a variety of schools, including Lehigh University, Northampton Community College, Drexel University, Lafayette College, Montgomery County Community College, and Lehigh Valley College. He currently holds a tenure-track position at Kutztown University, where he teaches web design, graphic design, and interactivity. He also teaches part time at Lehigh University, and runs a successful freelance design business in his downtime. His true interests lie in the intersection between design and programming, specifically with the creation of digital interactive work.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS will prove helpful for jumping into this video series
- Build a responsive site from start to finish, from mockup to HTML and CSS implementation
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of RWD compared to other web design techniques
- Learn to build a fluid layout starting from a digital mockup
- Create breakpoints in a layout and write the code to modify the layout of your site at each breakpoint
- Understand techniques to test and maintain your responsive code on different devices
- Format headers, footers, and column layouts in a way that will adapt to different browser sizes
- Target specific viewports to present an optimized view of your website for a given device
6$ 9.99 $ 49.99
49$ 9.99 $ 49.99
7$ 9.99 $ 49.99