This course is almost 3 hours in length and will cover several aspects of the CCNA certification. Topics covered in this course will include; IP configuration, Vlan and Inter-Vlan communication, the use of the IP Helper-Address, Access-List (both extended and standard), the NAT protocol and backing up the startup-configurations to a TFTP server.
This course is very different from the rest because It's the beginning of a new way of teaching using Smart Board Technology. (We've come along way from the traditional Whiteboard).
This is a fun & interactive course that will give you the knowledge to master these subjects and prepare you for the CCNA certification. (..and yes, I said fun!)
You will need a simulator if you want to follow along. (i.e.: Cisco Packet Tracer, GNS3, Boson or live equipment). The course was created with the Cisco Packet Tracer.
Please Note: Unfortunately, the Cisco Packet Tracer is proprietary to Cisco and it is not part of this course. So, if in any of the lectures, you hear me say that I would provide the CPT, please disregard this for I cannot provide it and it is not part of the course.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the simulators/emulators used in this course are not part of the course. It is the students responsibility to have these to practice with. The Cisco Packet Tracer and/or VIRAL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) are Cisco proprietary software and can only be obtained through Cisco. It is up to each student to obtain the simulator/emulator of their choice to study along with this course.
The course will also show students advanced configurations of the Cisco Packet Tracer Server components, DHCP, DNS and HTTP. Students will acquire and have a better understanding of the topics covered to guide them towards the CCNA or CCNAX certification.
This course is primarily hands on using the Cisco Packet Tracer with some lectures using the NEW & Improved Smart Board Technology. This type of course is most helpful, not only for the CCNA, but also for real world implementation of networks.
Handouts and labs will be available to facilitate learning and practice.
Once the student finishes the course they will be comfortable with IP configurations, Vlans, Access-lists, and Router configuration. It will also help them in preparing for the CCNA certification so they can have an advantage and pass the exam…also, for those already in the field, it will help them to better understand the use of the topics covered so they can implement it in their prospective networks.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is intended for anyone that is preparing for the CCNA or CCNA 2013 certification. However, it does go beyond that, it is also intended for those Networking Professionals that are already in the field and need to acquire a better understanding of the topics covered
- A basic understanding of networks and the desire to learn
- Once the student finishes the IP Helper-Address lecture in this course, they will have a strong understanding of the topics covered. Students will be able to create and implement an IP addressing scheme, configure and assign vlans, configure and assign access-lists, the NAT protocol and backing up to a TFTP server. The student will also become very comfortable with routers and switches using the CLI… and finally, they will be able to test the network for connectivity using various commands
- The understanding of the topics covered is an essential element for any Networking Professional. This course will prepare the student for the networking certification such as the CCNA or CCNA 2013
- Hands-on-Labs will include; Routing, Switching and Access-Lists. This will come in very handy when configuring these at the CCNA testing site. This translates into making the student familiar with all of these topics so they can pass the certification…not to mention that the understanding of these topics will make any Network and/or IT Professional a valuable asset in a Networking environment
185$ 9.99 $ 49.90
34$ 9.99 $ 49.90